28 July 2011

Twins?

No!  I'm not having twins but I did get a glimpse into the life of having twins today.  My friend, Kristen, dropped her little girl, Eva, off while she went to work for a few hours.  Kristen is going to be working at the hospital that is about 1 mile from my house and I offered to watch her little girl while she worked.  It worked outs really well since Kristen is only going to be working part time and I live so close to where she works.  I don't really want to watch kids every day of the week so this will give me a little extra spending money but still leave the majority of my week open.  Kristen said it really well when she said, "I don't want to do anything everyday besides be a mom".  At 5 months old, Eva is only a couple months younger than Jack so we had quite the afternoon.

Jack reading a book to Eva

Eva enjoying Jack's "Circle of Neglect"

taking a little break for some hand holding

I do believe these two will be trouble when they get older

Jack giving Eva a little pat on her head

They both did really well.  Jack was happy to share his mommy and Eva was happy to play with a friend and some new toys.  The only hard part was when they both got tired at the same time and needed to be put down for a nap, but we managed just fine. 

I may not be bringing home the bacon, but now I'm able to bring home a few bacon bits!

I think someone knew what they were talking about when they made sure a woman couldn't have babies 2.5 months apart!

2 comments:

Kristen said...

Thanks again so much for watching Eva for me! It is obvious that she had a great time with Jack!

Kristen said...

P.S. I love that you refer to the exersaucer as the "Circle of Neglect!" Too funny!