27 July 2011

She's Crafty

So I went ahead and tackled another one of my "pinspirations" from Pinterest.


I made a little monogram for Jack's room out of crayons.  When I saw that Crayola crayons were BOGO at Toys R Us, I went and got some so that I could tackle this project.

It was pretty easy.  I printed out some Js in various fonts and then started cutting and arranging the crayons to my liking.  I had a hard time finding a J that I liked.  I wanted one with the "top hat" and I wanted one that wasn't too fancy.  I ended up, finding on that I kind of liked and then improvising.  I glued all of the crayons to each other.  First, I tried hot glue.  That didn't work.  Then, I tried good ol' Elmer's glue.  That didn't work either.  Finally, I tried Gorilla Glue whose tag line is "For the toughest jobs on planet Earth" and it worked!  I'm not sure that my crayon monogram is the toughest job on Planet Earth...but maybe on Mercury...he seems like a wimpy planet.  Once I got everything glued together, I waited or it to dry before gluing the letter down to some card-stock.  I'm hoping I can find a shadow box frame so I can finish this puppy off and hang it up in Jack's room.

What pinspirations you working on?  Which planet do you think is the wimpiest?

3 comments:

The Catania's said...

You are my pinspiration. When I retire, I want to be as crafty as you.

Kristen said...

You are so crafty! And, Gorilla Glue is the best stuff ever!!

Bridgett said...

Clearly the wimpiest planet is Uranus. Controversial pronunciation aside, its axis of rotation is horizontal, so it's basically laying down already. Probably had its butt kicked by Jupiter and decided it was better off never getting back up.