03 June 2010

Epic Fail!

So I mailed Chip and Allison and their families little packages containing "HEORSHE" chocolate bars to announce our good news.  We mailed them on Monday using the automated machine in the lobby of the post office (the post office was closed due to Memorial Day) so that the packages would go out first thing on Tuesday morning and would hopefully reach their final destinations by Wednesday-Thursday at the latest.

When I didn't hear from anyone on Wednesday, I assumed the packages had not arrived yet.  Tonight after dinner, I went down to check the mail and sitting in our mail box was the two packages that I had sent out.  I pulled them out of the mail box and stormed back to the house and threw the smooshy, chocolate oozing packages on the table and then fell into a hormonal crying fit on the couch.

After about a minute of good crying, I pulled out my camera and took a picture of one of the candy bars and proceeded to write an email to Chip and Allison.  I'm pretty sure I couldn't wait another two days (or possibly the weekend) for them to hear the news.  I'm an instant gratification kind of gal and I still wanted to tell all of my friends and other family members.  So the email has been sent and I am waiting to hear back from everyone before I tell everyone else and make this blog public.

No comments: