25 June 2010

There's Someone You Should Meet



Dear Baby,

Although there are many, many people in our lives that we know will love you unconditionally-there is a really special person that can't wait for you to meet.  She has been a very special part of my life for over twelve years now and I hold her very dear to my heart.  I was her "childcare technician" when she was a little girl and now she is in college.  She is one of the kindest, most sincere people I know and she is so very excited to meet you.  She is currently studying and working in Greece but will be coming home soon.  Her name is Kori, but I'm sure you will call her Aunt Kori.

When Kori was a little girl she looked up to me in every way.  When I would get to her house in the morning to get her ready for school she would look at what I was wearing and try her hardest to pick something from her closet that looked the same.  We would spend hours playing Gin Rummy.  She was never embarrassed when I would sing loud and off-key as I drove her around town with the top down and music blaring-in fact, she was usually right beside me singing just as loudly.

As soon as Kori found out that I was pregnant with you, she was over the moon excited!  She has sent many emails and we have spent many hours chatting online about everything that is going on.  She wants to be a part of every aspect of your life and I can't think of a better person to be your friend.  She wants to help decorate your nursery, go to doctors appointments, help pick your name, pick our clothes for you, rub my every growing belly and just hold you and be a part of your life.  I'm pretty sure that Kori would learn how to breastfeed if she could.  I can't imagine my life without this amazing young woman in           it and I can't wait for you to be touched by her, too.

I love you,
Mom

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Liz-you got me crying.
I didn't know how tight the two of you were during the great moments in our lives when you were and still are a family member.

Kori said...

Liz 1. Where did you get those photos hahaha I love them. 2. I think we have a secret best friend relationship that no one knows about... I guess it's out of the bag? 3. You got me crying too. 4. I feel the same way about you. I told everyone here once you announced your pregnancy, I was telling everyone, as if they cared haha, I had to explain myself, that youre family, like i feel like this baby is mine. 5. I am serious about all the things I want to do for this baby. I want to have the same relationship with your baby, that we had. A special one. Liz, I am always thinking about you, I love you so much, and I may love this baby already more than necessary:) Okay, I should be cut off now. You don't know how much this 'blog post' means to me. I want to print it out, is that okay? Love you love you love you.