09 June 2010

Let The House Hunting Begin!

We had already been planning to "upgrade" to a bigger house this year but now we have added incentive to be moved and settled before the baby arrives. Yesterday we took the first step when we met with Dan (aka Dan, Dan the Mortgage Man) to set our budget and work out how much money we needed to have available at closing.

The meeting went very well, and we are ready to start looking at houses and get our current house ready to go on the market!

Rick is coming over on Sunday afternoon to take a look around our house and tell us what we need to do before we can list our house. One thing I know I will have to do is paint our kitchen a different color... apparently bright green might put off perspective buyers! I'll be painting it the same color as the living room (Pale Sunshine). It isn't a bad size room to paint, but there are lots of areas that are small and difficult to get to - I think it took me two days last time (when I painted it bright green) as it needed two coats of paint.

There are a few other small things that I know I need to fix, but there isn't a huge amount. We are lucky with this house that the outside is maintained by the home owners association, so we don't need to worry about the deck (that needs replacing badly) as it will be replaced free of charge for the new owner.

We are excited to start looking at houses, and I am sure we'll update everyone along the way!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We surely do hope you're looking up towards the Wake Forest area. House hunting is so exciting...have fun/relax/and let your realtor do the walking! BTW...Jim still has his little pick up, come movin' time:)