17 June 2010

Sir Tedrick Mulley

I got an email a couple weeks ago from Grandpa and Grandma Mulley saying that a dear old friend of Dave's was going be moving to Raleigh.  They asked if we would mind giving him a place to stay for a while (or maybe forever).  I'm all for a house guest but a new resident?  Aren't we already getting one of those in December?!  Being the kind daughter-in-law that I am, I told them to send him on.  I honestly couldn't wait to meet this guy.  He is one of Dave's oldest friends.  Dave has actually known him since the day he was born!  

This afternoon, as Scout and I were walking out the door we bumped into this:


Scout and I love to get packages in the mail so we rushed back inside to open it and see what had arrived.  It was quite the struggle to open the package, but with a little help from Scout, we finally got it open and guess what popped out?


It was none other than Dave's long lost friend, Sir Tedrick Mulley...aka "Teddy"!  Scout was a little confused as to who this was and what was he doing in her living room-so she kept her distance.  Teddy was dressed up like he had just come from a World Cup game.  He was sporting his patriotic England Shirt and some snazzy shorts with London written across the bum (you never want to forget where you came from) and, of course, some sunglasses. To say the least, he arrived in style!




I introduced (or tried to) Teddy to Scout.  I think they will grow to love each other.  Come December, Scout is going to wish there were more Teddys in the house...




After further inspection of the box that Teddy arrived in, I found a picture of Teddy and Dave.  Dave is about 20 months old in the picture and since Teddy refuses to divulge his age we can only assume he is at least as old as Dave.  I think they have both aged well!



I also introduced Teddy to my dear friend Bunny.  Like Teddy was to Dave, Bunny was given to me when I was a little baby.  I'll have to dig up a picture of us back when I was cute with my pigtails.


Both of our childhood friends are in really good shape.  This brings hope for the baby we are bringing into this world.  Let's hope we can treat this baby as well as we treated our stuffed animals as children.

Teddy has had quite the long journey, so I took him upstairs to go to bed.  Before he could get in bed, he found another friend from England sitting on the guest bed.


After they caught up on lost time, Teddy was ready for some well deserved sleep.


We are all very excited to welcome Teddy into our home and we hope that he will stay for a long, long time!

1 comment:

Kori said...

Hahahah!!! I love the narration! I can't wait to meet Teddy and Bunny! I love this post:)