30 September 2010

She's Crafty

With all of the extra time on my hands lately, I've decided to get a little crafty.  Growing up, I had the greatest Christmas stocking ever.  My great-aunt Margaret made stockings for my whole family...but I had the best one!  My mom, dad, sister and brother all had stockings that Margaret had knitted and they were pretty cute.  I had a stocking that Margaret had needlepointed and it was BEAUTIFUL!  I want my little family to have personalized stockings that will be as treasured as my little stocking has been. 

I have purchased a needlepoint kit so that I can make a stocking.  I have high hopes of making 3 by Christmas but if I only get one done this year, that's okay, too. 

Everything that came in the kit

The kit came with everything I will need: thread/yarn, needles, canvas, directions and I think there was a big helping on patience in there as well.  I watched a few YouTube videos on how to needlepoint and I showed my kit to my friend, Crafty Sue, and I feel like I will be able to do this.

A closer view of what the end product should look like.  I will add Baby's name once we have decided on it.

No comments: