28 September 2010

Holy Heartburn!


As most of you know (and many of you loathe), I haven't really experienced too many "typical" pregnancy symptoms--with the exception of my current situation where it feels like Baby could fall out at any moment (what led to my need for bedrest).  That changed last night when I had my first bout of heartburn....ever in my life!  It wasn't terrible, but it certainly wasn't the most awesome thing I have ever experienced.  I found some tums and took a couple of those and after a while the burning subsided.  I haven't had any heartburn today...so maybe it was just a one-off kind of thing!

This morning, Anne (my fifth grade teacher) came by for a visit.  She hasn't seen our new house yet and I got to show her around before we sat down and gabbed about everything in our lives.  It is so wonderful to have her back in my life after 20 years.  We really have become such good friends and I love that she lives so close by!

I'm currently up in Dave's office (he's out of town) while the upholstery is being cleaned.  If you remember, a good friend of mine gave me a chair for the nursery a while back and I decided to get it cleaned.  About a month ago, I got a coupon in the mail where I could have 4 pieces of furniture cleaned for about $150.  I figured we could get the couch, chair, ottoman and nursery chair cleaned-so I called and made an appointment.  The first available appointment was yesterday.  I took the appointment (even though I'm such an instant gratification person) and eagerly awaited the big day o' cleaning.  Well, yesterday morning the guy called and said his machine didn't work and he couldn't come.  I was pissed off...to say the least!  So I called around and found a guy that could come out today.  He has already done the nursery chair and is currently downstairs working on the couch, chair and ottoman.  I can't wait to see how everything turns out.

3 comments:

Susie Q said...

Heartburn is awful! I had it so bad with Megan and I've never fully recovered. I hope it was just a one time thing!

Kristen said...

I have had a few bouts so far with this pregnancy and it is not fun!! Keep the tums handy! They are a lifesaver!
I just recently heard the old wives tale that if you have lots of heartburn during pregnancy, that means your baby will have lots of hair. Who knows if it is true or not!

Elizabeth said...

Yeah, there have actually been studies done where women who had moderate to severe heartburn ended up having babies that had average to above average amounts of hair when they were born. Maybe the baby will have my hair and not Dave's.