16 September 2010

Sew Cool!

Sorry for the terrible pun of a title! 

Today, my friend Sue came over to teach me how to use my sewing machine.  I've had my sewing machine for years and have done several things with it.  I have made two dresses for my sweet nieces, repaired my woobie several times, and repaired some clothes that have gotten holes.  Every time I have used my sewing machine, I have had to pull out the manual so that I can figure out how to thread the machine.  I know the basics of a sewing machine-you put some cloth under the needle, push down on the foot pedal and *poof* things begin to come together.

So anyway, Sue came over to teach me more of the ins and outs of my machine.  My main goals for the day were to:
1. learn how to thread my machine
2. learn how to wind a bobbin
3. create something super cute!

I achieved all of my goals!  I can thread my machine and wind a bobbin easily!  My machine even crapped out at one point and I pulled the thread out and re-threaded it and fixed my machine!  I also made a cute diaper cloth for Baby. 


I'm a big believer that just because we are having a boy...not everything has to be baby blue!  I have lots of supplies so I plan on making more burp cloths and maybe even some curtains for the nursery.

During our sewing lesson, our friend Vicki also came over with her 3 month old baby, Drake.  Sue and I took turns hold and playing with Drake!  I'm so glad that I have such good friends to come by and visit with me and keep me company.  Today was a great day!!!

1 comment:

Kori said...

yay! I love this! Can you teach me how to sew??