06 September 2010

Two Down-One To Go

I am officially in my third (and final) trimester!  Being in the third trimester means that I have a viable pregnancy and the chances of Baby being born and surviving are excellent.  By no means is Baby done cooking, but if we delivered today we would have a good chance of having a relatively healthy baby.  His chances will continue to improve from here on out. 

I've been having good days and not so good days lately.  It just depends on how much I try to do.  I'm getting really good at recognizing when I'm not feeling so great and quickly getting in the horizontal position, but as you know, I can only stay down for so long.

My doctors appointment last week went well.  The baby has a good strong heartbeat and the doctor seems to think that Baby is head down now.  I'm not sure what lead to that decision since all he did was listen for a heartbeat.  In all of my previous ultrasounds, Baby has been breech.   I also had my Glucose Tolerance Testing done again and I will hear those results in the next 10 days.  If I don't pass, I will have to take the 3-hour Glucose Test...which isn't my idea of a party!

My next doctors appointment is Friday, September 17.

No comments: