02 October 2010

Abracadabra!

Yesterday, I celebrated the first anniversary of my twenty-ninth birthday (you do the math).  As per our annual tradition, when I woke up on my birthday, Dave came in with all of my birthday cards and presents that had been arriving all week and I stay in bed while I open them.  He then ran out and got me a greasy breakfast from Bojangles.  I really feel sorry for Dave when it comes to my birthday.  He does such a wonderful job of spoiling me on a daily basis that when it comes time for my birthday he really has to up his game for it to be different from any other day.  Everyday feels like my birthday...but Dave certainly does not disappoint when it comes to the big day.

For the past few years, I've been telling Dave how I really want to get a magician for my birthday.  This year, Dave decided it was time to have a birthday party complete with magician.  Tonight, about thirty of our friends came over the house for some snacks, drinks and birthday cake (of course) to celebrate the first anniversary of my twenty-ninth birthday.  Dave sent out the invitation telling everyone that there would be a magician coming but many of our friends did not believe him.

David the Magician did a great job of entertaining everyone and used a lot of the guests as his own personal assistants.

This is when Rascal, the RAT, decided to join the show.  I nearly died!

Tania was called up to help with one of the tricks...she looks pretty excited.

I'm not sure where this trick was going.  David the Magician was talking about desserts and then there was a bunny.

Einstein, the monkey, is super smart and cute.

Einstein liked the mole on Dave's neck and decided to investigate.

Rascal decided to sit on my head and eat a Cheerio. I was a little scared.

Since I let Rascal sit on my head, I was allowed to hold, Twilight, the bunny...so soft!

My boyfriend, Marcus, was able to make it!!!

Getting ready to blow out the candles.


Thanks to everyone who helped me ring in my new year!  May this one be my best yet!!!

5 comments:

Mary Austin said...

May the magic continue!

Kristen said...

I hate that we missed all the fun!! Looks like you guys had a blast! Happy (slightly) belated 1st anniversary of your 29th birthday!

Tania said...

Great time! Great pics!

Anonymous said...

Thank you to Einstein for lighting the candles.

Cristin said...

That looks AWESOME! You have an awesome husband!