31 October 2010

Happy Halloween!

Mom and Dad in costume


Dave and I went down to the Monster Dash 5k today so that he could fulfill his dream of running a 5k as a hot dog.  He has other very ambitious goals in his life, but it was nice to be able to mark this one off his "bucket list".  Check out Dave's blog for a complete rundown of the event.

When we got home it was time to get ready for our trick-or-treaters.  In our old house, we never had a single trick-or-treater.  In the new house, we were overwhelmed with kids in costumes.  Many of the houses on our street ran out of candy because there were so many kids.  We would see the houses go dark as they ran out of candy.  Scout and Molly had a hard time with all the kids ringing our doorbell, but we used that time as an opportunity to train them.  By the end of the evening, they got much better about the barking.

Mom and "Jack-O-Lantern"

2 comments:

Kori said...

I LOVE THIS. Your shirt is so cute! And Dave! I love it all!

Kristen said...

I love your pumpkin shirt! I wish I had one to wear on Halloween!! Dave is hilarious as a hot dog! You guys are too funny!