07 October 2010

Big Ol' Head

We had our ultrasound today.  If you remember at our last appointment Baby was measuring about 3-4 weeks ahead of schedule all of a sudden.  The doctor said there were several explanations for that (he was stretched out, he had just had a growth spurt, I could have an excess of fluid, he could just be a giant baby, etc.). 

Well, the ultrasound went well.  Baby was very active and was moving around so much that the technician had a hard time taking some of the measurements.  I am currently 31 weeks pregnant and most of the measurements came in between 29 and 30 weeks...except his head which came back in the 32nd week (typical Roady baby with a giant noggin).  While the technician was measuring Baby's belly, I said, "Dave he's got your slim belly."  To which he replies, "Did you see his head, it's definitely yours!"  I would like to say that I think this means Baby will be really smart, but Dave's head is half the size of mine and he is 100 times smarter than me.  We'll just have to hope that Baby gets his daddy's brain!

The amount of fluid in the sac is perfect, the baby looks really healthy, and he has a strong heartbeat (measured 144 during the ultrasound and around 133 with the doctor).  We also found out that Baby is now head down.  The doctor said that they don't really worry much about the position of the baby until about 36 weeks so I guess he could decide to do another cartwheel.  My blood pressure and iron count were both really good.  All is looking well and we are happy to be in the home stretch.

Baby's foot

Baby's profile

2 comments:

Allison said...

Woo-hoo! Happy for a good report!

Mary Austin said...

I'm sure he will be Mr. Personality!