29 June 2011

Redemption

The last you heard from me, I was telling you about how Jack and I were having a difficult time.  I'm not one to leave a bad taste in anyone's mouth so I want to tell you that things have gotten better.  Yesterday, we had a GREAT day.  We went over to see our friend's Kristen and Eva for a pool date.  It was so nice to see them and get out of the house for a while.  Jack was sweet as could be!  Eva and Jack floated around the pool in their floats and Jack even decided to take a little snooze while in the pool.

Ahhhh, this is the life!
After the pool, we headed home only to discover that Molly had decided to do a little light reading:

Molly enjoyed a little James Patterson

Needless to say, I was not pleased.  Jack had a little snack and then we played until he was ready for his nap.  He slept for over an hour in his crib and then he slept for another hour in my arms (sometimes you just need to snuggle).  I was thinking about how great the day had been and I couldn't wait to put him down so I could blog and tell everyone.

Well, eight o'clock came around and we fought sleep for about two hours.  Close to ten o'clock, Jack finally went down for the night.  By this time, I was done!  I had nothing left in me so I just went to bed.

Today has been another good day.  We went and saw Crafty Sue, played a little dress up and showed off Jack's great sitting up skills. 

Little Buckaroo with big boots

This evening, we went over to the McBridgett's for dinner.  Jack had so much fun playing with them and their dog, Barley.  He got a little fussy towards the end so we headed home in hopes of getting to bed on time.  As I began rocking Jack, I started to tell him the story of Jack and the Beanstalk.  As I was telling the story, he started to nod off.  I put him down about 30 minutes ago and haven't heard a peep!  My fingers and toes are crossed that he stays down for several hours.

2 comments:

Aunt Kori said...

Um. the dress up photo I think should end up in many photobooks and albums to come... it's one of those keepers :)

Kristen said...

I have learned that every day is a new day with an infant! Never know what to expect!!