03 June 2011

Pool Rat

Jack and I went over to our friends, Kristen and Eva's, neighborhood pool today.  Kristen and I grew up together swimming on the same swim team and have recently reconnected.  We try to get together weekly to let the kids play together, but more importantly to let us be around another adult.  Eva is 3 months old and once she and Jack notice each other, I'm sure they will be the best of friends!

I wasn't too worried about Jack not liking the pool since he LOVES bath time so much.  Once I got him lathered up in sunscreen, put on his swimmy diaper, bathing suit and hat and then carted practically everything we own to the pool-Jack fell asleep.  I took this opportunity to lay in a lounge chair and gossip with Kristen.  Once Jack woke up, we got right in the pool.  He loved it.  Then we tested out Eva's canopied float and Jack really loved that.  He just relaxed and enjoyed his time in the pool.

I'm so glad that Jack liked the pool.  This will make our upcoming beach trip even more fun!  I'm sure we will be spending a lot of quality time at the pool this summer, too.

Kristen and Eva testing out the water

Jack and Mommy taking a dip


Jack chilling out in Eva's float

1 comment:

Kristen said...

Had so much fun! Look forward to many more afternoons at the pool!