27 September 2011

The Trip to Los Angeles

3:45 am - The time I woke up to get ready to head to the airport
4:25 am - The time I got Jack up and put him in the car (still asleep) for the trip to LA
4:30 am - The time we left the house for the airport
6:00 am - The time my first flight was supposed to depart
6:04 am - The time my first flight actually departed

2 - The number of hours my layover was scheduled to be
5.5- The number of hours my flight was delayed
7.5 -The number of hours Jack and I spent in the Atlanta airport
24 -The number of ounces in my Starbucks drink
19 - The number of steps from my gate to the Starbucks in the ATL airport
3 - The number of times our flight departure time was changed
6 - The number of dollars the airline gave us for a lunch voucher
17 - The number of minutes after I bought my lunch that I found out about said voucher
296 - The number of minutes we were in the air from ATL to LAX
3 - The number of naps Jack took (one on each flight and one in ATL)
23 - The number of nasty glares Jack and I received as people boarded the plane (nobody likes traveling with a baby)
6 - The number of passengers who offered to buy me a drink because my baby was so well behaved on the plane
0 - The number of available diapers in the ATL airport when I ran out of diapers due to the crazy long delay
50 - The number of dollars Delta gave the passengers in a voucher for future flights
5 - The number of passengers that held Jack while we were in air
3 - The number of different countries the people that held Jack were from
15 - The number of people who knew Jack by name and spoke to him like an old friend
13 - The number of laps Jack did walking (while holding my fingers) up and down the airplane aisle
5 - The number of times Jack crawled up and down the aisle
2- The number of times Jack had a wardrobe change
1 - The number of times Jack cried (he fell and bumped his head)
30 - The number of seconds the cry lasted
4:23 pm - The time we saw Marisa and Miles and got to hug them

Good grief, that was a long and stressful day.  We were so happy to arrive in Los Angeles and see Marisa and Miles.  Stay tuned for a recap of our adventures in LA.

to be continued...

A few pictures taken with my phone:

Jack at ATL.  He loved the giant windows!


After 4 hours, he's still smiling


Water bottles and spoons were great distractions

Taking is airplane nap in the airport

1 comment:

Mike said...

When I crawl down the aislemof the plane, people don't seem to think it's cute! :)