05 September 2011

And The Skies Opened Up

Dave had the day off because it was Labor Day and it was looking pretty nice outside, so we decided to walk to the neighborhood playground so Jack could do some swinging.  Jack enjoyed a good swinging session and giggled and smiled the whole time.  I decided to get a swing and do a little swinging myself.  Swinging is not for the faint of heart...my stomach was doing flips.  I guess I'm getting old!






After the swinging session, we headed over to see if Jack would like sliding.  I rode down with him and he was pretty indifferent about the whole thing.

maybe we need a bigger, more daring slide next time

Then it started to drizzle a little bit, so we headed back home.  We were still about three-quarters of a mile away from home when the skies just opened up and we got soaked.  Not just a little wet, absolutely soaked!  Jack was his in stroller so we just covered him up and he stayed dry.  We didn't take any pictures once we got home, because they would be inappropriate for general viewing.  My white tank top was a little less than modest when wet and I'm pretty sure we encountered nearly all of our neighbors.  About five minutes after we got home, the skies dried up and the sun came out...of course!

No comments: