05 January 2011

A Year of Firsts

Happy New Year!

My, how our lives have changed!

Dave teaching Jack the way to Mommy's heart!

Jack helping Mommy blog
We are off to a great start to the new year and have already experienced many firsts since the first.  Even though most things are still firsts for Jack, we are going to be sentimental and document them anyway.

We started off the New Year by celebrating 2011 in many time zones.  We seemed to sleep through the ringing in of 2011 in Raleigh, but we were awake for Australia, London and California-to name a few.

Here are a few other things that Jack can check off of his "First Time List":

Attended a birthday party for our three year old friend, Mila. Mila wasn't too sure about Jack but eventually warmed up to him a little bit. We have also adopted Mila's grandfather, Poppi, as Jack's surrogate grandfather.


Dave trying to encourage Mila to meet Jack

Mila warming up to Jack

Poppi getting a good look at his "grandson"

Jack's belly button finally fell off and he was able to get his first bath!  He was not a fan of the first bath, but I'm sure he will grow to love taking a bath as much as his Daddy.  I, for one, am not a fan of baths, but I do like being clean.

Bath time!

Slept in his room all by himself.  We put his bassinet in his crib to help him with the transition and he did really well.  We have really gotten a hang of the night time feedings and he is doing well to go right back to sleep after he eats.  He is sleeping anywhere between three and five hours between feedings at night.  Dave and I are doing well and seem to be getting enough sleep.

On Monday, Jack had one of his biggest firsts.  He rolled over!  I put him down on his tummy for some tummy time and as I'm sitting there adoring my sweet son, he started wiggling around and then next thing I know, he is face up!  Surely, that was just a fluke...but no...he did it two more times!  By the time I got the camera, he was done doing tricks.  This morning, I put him down for tummy time again and within 45 seconds he rolled over.  I told Dave to grab the camera so I could get some evidence for some of my nay-saying friends.  Once I got the camera going, he decided to take his sweet time rolling over...but he did it again!  From what I have read, babies don't typically start rolling over until about 3 months (at the earliest) and Jack is only 3 weeks old.  I'm going to need him to slow down on his milestones a little...my baby is growing up too fast!

I edited down the video down some...who wants to watch Jack just lay there and think about rolling over for over 3 minutes (besides me and Dave)?

No comments: