20 January 2011

I'm A Survivor...

I hope that you are singing (and dancing to) the title of this blog like a member of Destiny's Child.

Dave went out of town this week for a couple of days and Jack, Scout, Molly and I survived!

While Dave was gone:
  • Jack was fed and changed on a regular basis
  • Jack had a bath
  • Jack and I got out of the house everyday (once was just a quick trip to the mailbox at the end of the driveway)
  • I ate 3 meals a day
  • I showered
  • Scout and Molly ate twice a day, never ran out of water, and were let outside regularly
  • Jack went down and slept in his crib like a big boy
  • I put together Jack's new bouncer chair
  • We entertained guests
  • I didn't cry!
I applaud all single parents.  I'm not sure how you do it.   After Dave's trip, I feel more confident as a mother and I now know that I can do this...but we were all THRILLED when Daddy walked in the door on Wednesday evening!

No comments: