29 January 2011

Super Saturday!

This weekend is the NHL All-Star weekend in Raleigh so there are lots of fun activities going on.  This morning was the 5k over at the RBC Center so we bundled up and headed over so Dave could run.  We met up with our friends Tania, Spencer, Ken and Steph.  Spencer, Jack and I were support staff and cheered on the rest of runners.  I'm not sure whose job is harder, the runners or the cheerers.  Most people would assume that since the runners are running 3 miles in the cold that their jobs are tougher, but I am holding all of their gear, taking pictures, cheering (which I do quite well...this race I even threw in some high kicks) and now I'm looking after Jack and teaching him the techniques for excellent cheering.  I'm fairly certain that I am just as tired and have burned just as many calories as the runners by the end of the race.

I'm not sure why I felt the need to ride on Tania's back...

Ken, Steph, Dave, Tania, Spencer, Elizabeth & Jack

After the 5k, my friend Jackie called and said she and her family were down from New York for the weekend and would love to come meet Jack.  So she and her two girls Isabella and Magnavox Emerson came over for a while to visit and play.  I'm a complete flake and forgot to get a picture of them.  This just means that they have to come back down soon so that I can get a picture.

Then Uncle Marcus and Jason came over to meet Jack.  I must say, Marcus was amazing with Jack and Jack totally loves his Uncle Marcus (me too)!

Marcus, Elizabeth and Jack

Marcus, Jack and Jason

2 comments:

Kristen said...

Oh you and your high kicks and cheering!! I have vivid memories of both from back in the Glendale days! :)

Tania said...

I don't think it looks like you are riding my back - I think it looks like you were trying to stop a vandal from taking down all the awesome all-star signage. I'm shocked I didn't get yelled at.

Thanks for the high kicks!