07 December 2010

The Waiting Game

I have noticed quite an increase in the hits to the blog.  This leads me to assume that all 4 of my loyal readers have gotten no work done lately and have just been checking the blog for updates.  There have been no major updates in "Operation Get This Baby Outta Me".  I have been continuing to try crazy things to induce labor-some have been suggested by people who swear by them and some I have just made up.

The latest suggestions:
  • Evening Primrose Oil
  • Eggplant Parmesean
  • Chinese Food
  • Indian Food
  • Walking at the mall-I would rather die than go to the mall this time of year so I have been walking the greenway in the neighborhood
  • Sit on the heating vent-so Baby thinks is nice and warm out here
  • nipple stimulation
  • stimulating pressure points in my feet and hands

The other things that I've tried:
  • making and eating Snickerdoodle cookies
  • not showering
  • galloping
  • watching an entire season of Teen Mom (don't judge me)-I think this one actually backfired.  Baby is now so frightened that he is afraid to come out.
  • walking backwards around my house in an anti-clockwise direction three times
  • sitting on Santa's lap and asked him for a baby for Hanukkah

The hardest thing about this whole pregnancy has been the last couple weeks.  The waiting game is extremely difficult for me.  I have a hard enough time waiting for my birthday or Christmas...but I always know exactly when they will be.  This Baby will just decide one day when he is ready to come out and play and I have no control over it.  I hope he understands that his parents are NEVER late for anything and we expect him to fall in line with our timely manner.

We promise to keep all of you updated as things progress!

5 comments:

Cristin said...

LOL at Teen Mom :)

Jennifer said...

so I have Dec 13th for the bebe pool - surely you can make it til then :) Hang in there Liz!!
xo
Jenn

Kristen said...

Thanks for the update! Sorry baby has decided to hold out a little longer. Try to be patient and know that he will come when he is ready...possibly on his actual due date?!? That would be so punctual of him! Take care, girl!

Mary Jane said...

He's not going be as anxious to be born as his Dad was then!!!! - his Uncle decided to wait an extra 2 weeks and 3 days before he decided to grace me with his presence!!!! I'm sure that "he" won't want to wait THAT long!!! Thinking of you both and sending our love - Mum & Tonyxx

Watson said...

I figured galloping would have done it. Huh.