30 November 2010

Ready

I have been a trooper this whole pregnancy.  I've tried hard not to complain because this is truly a blessing to be pregnant-especially with a healthy baby boy.  I have laughed off the weight gain, lack of ankles, heartburn, and inability to eat sushi and drink beer.  That being said, I am done! 

My doctor says my due date is December 9.  I say my due date is December 6 (I was there by the way).  For the past several months though, I have determined that Baby will make his grand appearance on December 2.  I have no medical reasoning behind this and my doctor hasn't said anything to lead me to this conclusion...but I have just decided.  On Sunday, I realized that December 2 was this Thursday!  So while planning our menu for the week, I didn't think there was any reason to plan past Wednesday because I'm certainly not going to cook dinner while I'm in the hospital delivering a baby.  Dave told me that we really should plan past Wednesday...so I did.  As a quick side note, Dave doesn't think Baby will be here until December 16 (I think that is ludicrous).

As many of you know, I don't like to be disappointed so I am doing what I can to get this delivery on its way.  I have been trying out methods to induce labor.  Here are some of the suggestions that I've heard:

  • Pedicure- I got a pedicure today (I think this suggestion was made up by pregnant women just so they have an excuse to get a pedicure...but who am I to judge)
  •  Galloping- This one made me laugh when I thought of it.  As dinner was cooking tonight, Dave suggested I gallop.  I went out in the backyard and galloped around for a few minutes.  Whew!  That really took a lot out of me and I have been quite sore ever since.  I'm sure the neighbors also enjoyed the show.
  • Walking- I plan on taking a walk tomorrow (if the galloping didn't completely do me in tonight)
  • Eat spicy food- Dave mentioned that we will go out for some spicy Indian food this weekend if Baby hasn't come already
  • Talk to Baby and tell him it's okay to come out- I've been verbalizing this for a few days now...but just like a boy-he's not listening
  • Drink Castor oil- after some more research on this one...I'm not interested in inducing diarrhea and vomiting just to get Baby to come out (I only want to do fun things)
  • Sex- Negative!  Isn't that what got me into this situation?!
  • Eat Pineapple- I love pineapple so I will try this one next!

My next doctors appointment is Thursday.  I'm secretly (or not so secretly) hoping that he takes one look at me and sends me straight to the hospital.

Hey Internet, what suggestions do you have to get this party started?  

3 comments:

Kori said...

I wish I had ideas.. ask my mom? But she will probably give you only innapropriate ideas...I love this though. I like Dec. 2nd, it's kind of a perfect date. But it would be really cool if baby was born TOMORROW, it's my half birthday...

Katie Johnson said...

Here is something else you can try! This restaurant outside Atlanta swears that their eggplant parmesan makes women go into labor. They offer the recipe on their web site. I made it when I was pregnant with Lucy (she was a week late). I made it on Wednesday and contras started Thursday- bit then she wasn't born until Sunday! Anyway I found that cooking eggplant parmesan killed time if nothing else!

Here is a link: http://www.scalinis.com/Bambino.htm

Can't wait to meet your little guy!

Unknown said...

first babies are buggers-they think they own the inside real estate and are feeling pretty much at home. Helpful hints: climbing steps-lots of them-find a good stadium-let baby boy know that the business of enjoying the warmth will be disrupted with knees to his cheeks as you climb the stairs.