17 November 2010

37 Week Update

We had our 37 week doctors appointment today.  It's the same procedure every time we go...check in with receptionist, leave a urine sample, meet with nurse to get vitals taken, go to examination room and wait for doctor.  This appointment was no different from the other 4006 appointments we've had during this pregnancy.  While I was having my vitals taken, I noticed that my blood pressure was rather high.  I've had really good blood pressure this whole pregnancy.  Last week it was a little higher than usual but still within the normal range.  When the nurse took me back to the examination room she told me to lay on my left side while I waited for the doctor.  When the doctor came in, she saw that I had an elevated blood pressure and ran through a checklist of questions for us...am I feeling any pain on my right side under my ribs, have I had any blinding headaches, urinating more than normal, etc.  She also noted that I had some protein in my urine.  I haven't had any pain in my ribs, blinding headaches or excessive urination so she went to get a blood pressure cuff so that she could double check my blood pressure.  My blood pressure had gone down into the normal range and she was seemed pleased.  She is having my urine sent off for a culture to make sure there isn't an infection and we will hopefully get those results next week.  She told me that I need to take it easier than I have been--more laying around, preferably on my side with my feet elevated.  She said that the weight that I gained since last week has all gone to my ankles (or where my ankles once resided). 

Baby's heart rate sounded good and was coming through at 139.  We didn't do an internal exam (the doctor, nor I thought it was necessary today).

Our next appointment is next Wednesday (November 24).  It was a little tough trying to find an available slot with Thanksgiving being next week the office will be closed on Thursday and Friday.  We will be going to the other office across town, but that will be fine since we get to see one of my favorite doctors!

No comments: