22 November 2010

Surprise Delivery!

HAHAHA! No, Baby has not arrived...even better (well maybe not better, but really exciting)!

Last week, Mailman Vince rang our doorbell with a surprise package from England.  It is always exciting when we get packages from England but we had no idea what was in this package or what it was for.  I showed it to Dave and he said, I could only open the outer layer of wrapping (he thought it was a Christmas present).  I went and opened the outer layer of brown packaging paper and realized that there wasn't anymore wrapping and that maybe we were supposed to see what it was.  I took it back to Dave to make the judgment call.  It turns out that Grandad Fred and Lin had sent us four advent calendars.  Now, Fred and Linda didn't even know how much I have always loved advent calendars and how much of a wonderful surprise this was for me.  Two of the advent calendars were for Dave and myself with chocolates for each day leading up to Christmas and the other two calendars were for Scout and Molly and they had doggy chocolates for each day leading up to Christmas.  Typically, the chocolate advent calendars here have really crappy cheap chocolates in them.  I cannot wait to have some wonderfully creamy English chocolate each day.  How fantastically wonderful is this December going to be?!?!?

I've already told Dave that the human calendars need to be packed in the hospital bag so that we don't miss out on any fun while we are delivering the little one.

The girls posing with their advent calendars

4 comments:

Kori said...

Yes! I love this so much!!

Mary Austin said...

How cool is that!? A calendar for each of you!! Grandad Fred and Lin are great memory makers.Enjoy the countdown.

Kristen said...

What a sweet gift! How thoughtful!

Anonymous said...

mmm. I love those! (and you suck - I thought the baby came)

Theresa (I don't get the comment thingy)