16 November 2010

It's Not You....It's Me

There is no excuse for my lack of blogging lately-other than the fact that I'm a lazy, lazy woman!  I think about blogging often...but before I can move my laptop over to me (approximately five feet) I've lost interest in writing.

Nothing too terribly exciting has happened since I last blogged but I'll catch you up just the same.

The day after Granny Roady left, my dear friend Allison came down for the weekend.  Initially, she was going to have a baby shower for me up in Newport News, but with my due date rapidly approaching my doctors thought it best to not travel that far from home.  She came down and helped me finish up the nursery.  I had some wall art custom made for the nursery and Allison helped me to hang it all.  Only a few curse words slipped from our mouths while we were working.  We also went and checked on the new Container Store while she was in town.  Just a warning...that store can be dangerous!

I also had a visit from Lil' Kim and her boys on Tuesday.  I'm pretty sure she has two of the cutest boys in the whole world!  We just hung out and caught up on lost time.

I had a doctors appointment on Friday and all is looking good.  Baby has a strong heartbeat and is measuring on schedule.  The doctor also tested me for Group B Strep and did an internal exam to see if I am close to delivering.  The doctor said my cervix has thinned very little and Baby still seems to be pretty high.  Looks like we still got a ways to go.  My next appointment is November 17.

The swelling in my ankles at the beginning of last week was at it's worst!  Dave said that if I wasn't pregnant, he would think I had broken my ankle.  It appears that the swelling has gone down quite a bit and I'm pleased to not that my ankles may be back where they belong before we know it!

We got some curtains for the master bedroom that promise to block out 99% of the light.  Our plan is for me to sleep when Baby sleeps so we want to make it so that I can sleep anytime of the day.  I have been practicing my napping and seem to have picked it up pretty quickly.

The baby pool is still up and running.  Make sure you make your prediction before it closes on November 25 (or sooner if Baby comes).  The link is on the top right of the blog or you can click here to be directed to it.  Our earliest prediction is coming up this weekend.  There are some really interesting predictions so check it out!

I will try to be a better blogger.  Help me come up with some things to blog about.  Give me your blog topics in the comments section. 

2 comments:

Wendy said...

have you packed your hospital bag yet? have you practiced rushing out of the house? the drive to the hospital? :)

Unknown said...

I'm pretty sure they are two of the cutest boys in the world as well...just sayin'! I hope you are taking it easy...and that you are not still scrubbing orange crackers out of your couch!