30 August 2010

Swollen

Yesterday was a sad day for the Mulleys.  I realized about 2 hours after I put on my rings that they were becoming uncomfortably snug.  I had a feeling this day would come but I wasn't prepared for it to come so soon.  Dave encouraged me to take my rings off so that I wouldn't have to have them cut off.  I begrudgingly took off my rings and have placed them in my jewelry box for safe keeping.  Those rings have become a very significant part of me and I am sad to not wear them everyday.  I am also worried for Dave since men will surely be flocking to me if they think I'm not married (ha ha, just kidding!).  I am considering wearing my rings on chain around my neck...but I haven't decided for sure yet.  Until then, I will roam the streets looking like an unwed mother-to-be.

3 comments:

Kristen said...

I am sorry your rings no longer fit...but you are an absolute riot!!

Wendy said...

Poor Liz. Same thing happened to me (on the day of my baby shower) and I cried for a full day. I ended up wearing mine on a necklace. You know, that way if by some miracle my fingers shrunk back then I could put them on any time I wanted. :)

Season Doff said...

I bought a pretty faux ring at belk's in a bigger size to wear for a while. :-)