25 August 2010

Realizations

We had a great weekend and with that great weekend I came to the realization that the doctors were right.  When the doctor put me on bedrest last, I thought to myself that I could probably go back to work and I seriously considered disobeying doctor's orders.

On Saturday, Kristin came over with her new kitten, Mr. Willie Jenkins, III.  We were excited to see how Scout and Molly would do with a kitten.  Scout has always been interested in cats, but they tend to scare her.  We haven't seen Molly with any cats.  Mr. Jenkins was not a huge fan of Scouts.  Her tail wags constantly and she is very curious and Mr. Jenkins was pretty scared of Scout.  Molly, on the other hand, was very gentle with Mr. Jenkins and they seemed to get along pretty well.  We did discover that Mr. Jenkins liked to pounce on Scout's tail when she was sitting.  We would have Scout sit down and then Mr. Jenkins would crouch down and then attack Scout's tail.  Scout would then jump up and see what was attacking her tail and Mr. Jenkins would get scared and arch his back and hiss at Scout.  Dave, Kristin and I were all very entertained by this.








After Kristin and Mr. Willie Jenkins, III went home, Dave and I went over to our friends housewarming party.  I was the epitome of the party pooper and picked my lounging chair and did not get up the whole time.  Dave fixed my plate of food and waited on me and my friend, Phil would occasionally bring me a taste of the red beans and rice that he was busy making in the kitchen.  

After the party, Dave and I headed to the Jack Johnson concert.  We had purchased our tickets before I was even pregnant and I was so excited to see Jack Johnson perform again.  We had seats so I thought it would be okay to go since I would be seated the whole time.  The concert was great and I did sit the whole time.  Baby loves Jack Johnson!  As soon as he started playing, Baby was "dancing" all around inside my belly.  It was such a cool feeling and I'm thrilled that Baby likes good music!

Well, needless to say, I did too much on Saturday.  I didn't get out of the horizontal position until about 5 o'clock on Sunday evening.  I was exhausted and just didn't feel like moving.  This is when I realized that the doctors were right and I have been very diligent with my bedrest since then.

One of Baby's favorite songs from the concert:

1 comment:

Kristen said...

I think the fact that baby likes Jack Johnson is a sign of what his name should be.:)
Glad you are taking it easy! Doctors do know a thing or two!:)