16 August 2010

Ultrasound

We went to Duke Parinatal today so I could get an ultrasound and hopefully find out why I have been experiencing so much pain lately.  We got a comprehensive ultrasound where the technician measured all of the baby's body parts as well as the length of my cervix.  At one point, the technician wanted to check out Baby's hands but the baby was playing peek-a-boo and wouldn't move his hands.  The technician proceeded to take the ultrasound "wand" and jiggle it on my belly up and down in rapid succession until the baby finally decided to cooperate.  Once the technician was done, the doctor came in and did a quick ultrasound to look around a bit.  He also looked at the many many pictures and measurements that the technician did.  He said that everything looks good to him.  The baby is measuring exactly on schedule and my cervix is within the "normal" length range.  He was very reassuring that the baby was healthy.  He said that they only way to relieve the pressure that I have been experiencing is to limit activity.  We are going back to my doctor on Thursday to go over the results of the ultrasound as well as discuss any limitations I may have.

On a super fun note, Dave felt Baby moving around last night.  We were laying in bed-Dave was trying to go to sleep and I was reading.  Baby was kicking up a storm so I told Dave to roll over and put his hand on my belly.  I had my hand on top of his so it would be in the right place.  He thought he felt the baby kicking and said that it was really subtle.  It turns out that he was feeling my pulse from me having my hand on his.  I removed my hand and then Baby did the "ol' one-two punch" and Dave said "oh, that's not very subtle at all!".  He kept his hand there for a good 20 minutes and just grinned at the fact that he could finally feel our baby moving around.  I believe we are falling more and more in love with this kid everyday!

1 comment:

Kristen said...

I am so happy that the doctor's appointment went well. It is so exciting that Dave got to feel the baby! I can't wait for that day!!