29 August 2010

Have a Seat

My friend, Tina, called me Thursday evening and said she was getting rid of the rocker chair that was in her daughter's nursery and asked if I would be interested in it.  She went on to explain that it was more of an overstuffed chair (which is what we wanted), that it was khaki in color (we wanted something neutral) and that it's a Pottery Barn chair (added bonus).  I asked her how much she wanted for it and she said, "Oh!  You can just have it!".  I told her I had to check with the mister but I would call her back and let her know.  I called Dave and started telling him about the chair and before I could get the whole question out of mouth he gave me a resounding "YES!  We'll take it!".  I called Tina back and told her that we would love to have her free chair.  Worst case scenario is that we didn't like the chair in the nursery and then we would put it in the bonus room. 



Tina and her two kids came by yesterday to deliver the chair.  It is super comfortable and it looks great in the nursery!  It has some spit-up spots on it (which I'm sure we'll add to) so we are going to have it cleaned in preparation of the new layer that we plan on contributing.   We are also going to buy an ottoman so that I can put my feet up on those long nights that I'm sure to be spending in the nursery.

Dave and I feel so lucky to have such generous friends! 

1 comment:

Kori said...

Love love love!