31 August 2011

Goal!

So, I've got this little secret.  Well, it's not actually a secret, I just didn't broadcast the information.  I'm not typically one of those people that shares all of my new plans on Facebook or the blog just in case I fail or quit.  I don't want to look like a flake!  A couple months ago, I joined Weight Watchers (for the 3rd time).  I was ready to lose some weight and not just my baby weight.  I originally did weight watchers many years ago and lost about 30 pounds.  I found it to be a really realistic diet lifestyle for me.  On Weight Watchers you can eat anything you want you just have to hold yourself accountable to your daily and weekly Points Plus allotment. Each food has a Points Plus value and you have a certain number of Points Plus that you are allowed based on your weight.  Everyone knows how much I love food and I never really felt like I was depriving myself.  It also seems like a better fit for me that those diets where you buy pre-made food and only eat that food.  I certainly don't want to eat that food for the rest of my life.  More than anything, Weight Watchers taught me portion control.  Back when I lost 30 pounds, I quit going to Weight Watchers because I figured I could do it on my own and slowly, over a few years, the weight came back.  Then I joined Weight Watchers again in 2009.  Not long after I started, I got pregnant and you can't try to lose weight when you are pregnant.  Fast forward to this past June: I was ready to get healthy-not just for myself but for Jack and Dave.  I have so much more to live for nowadays.

Today, I reached my goal weight with Weight Watchers.  I am in the healthy range for me and I am so proud of myself.  With Weight Watchers, once you hit your goal weight and maintain it for six weeks, you become a "Lifetime" member and don't have to pay anymore.  You know how much I love a good deal!  I can't remember exactly how much I weighed before Jack, but I think that I've lost about 30 pounds from my pre-pregnancy weight.  Which means I've lost about 60-65 pounds since I had Jack. 

I don't have any good before and after pictures, but I used to look like this (the one on the left):


And now, I look more like this (minus the tiny boobs, superb tan and British accent):


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

_u go girl!!

Kristen said...

Awesome! So proud of you!

Anonymous said...

That before pic just made me LOL....like belly laugh out loud.
Laura H

Mary Jane said...

Well done, proud of you - lots love Ma in law.....

Linda said...

Well done! Excellent!