28 August 2011

Road Trip

Dave was out of town for work so Jack and I decided to take a little road trip.  Wednesday, we loaded up and headed to Virginia to see Granny Roady.  It was quite the task to the get the car packed and then get Scout, Molly and Jack in the car so we could hit the road.  Jack was a rockstar and slept for 3 hours of the 3.5 hour trip and Scout and Molly tolerated being trapped in the "back back".  Molly laid back and relaxed for most of the trip, whereas Scout longed to be in the backseat with her brother.

Dog is my co-pilot
Once we got to Newport News, Jack got some snuggles from Granny and then we headed out to lunch with Uncle Chip.  After leaving Uncle Chip, we stopped by Rooms, Blooms & More to see Miss Karan and Miss Allison and Lucy the dog.  He squealed with delight as he loved on Lucy.  Jack is always so excited to see dogs, it's like he forgets that he has two dogs that live with him.


That evening, Granny Roady came along with Jack and I on our evening walk.  We passed my dad's house while we were walking (he lives 4 doors down the street from my mom) so we decided to stop by and say hi so he could meet Jack.

Bill Grandady and Jack

The next day, we met up with Miss Mary (my friend, Marisa's mom) for lunch.  It had been years since she and my mom had seen each other, so we brought Granny Roady with us.  It was good to catch up with Miss Mary and now Jack and I are even more excited to go to LA and see Marisa, Miles and Mark.

Miss Mary, Jack and Mom

Miss Mary about to sneeze, Jack and Granny Roady
Finally, on Friday, Jack, Scout, Molly and I loaded back up in the car and headed back home to Raleigh.  We wanted to get home before Hurricane Irene hit and we made it with plenty of time.  Jack didn't sleep quite as well as he did on the way to Virginia but he was still a pretty good traveler.  He slept for about an hour and then we stopped in Emporia for a potty/diaper changing break and then I let Jack stretch his legs some before getting back out on the road.  Jack slept for another hour on the second half of the trip and was super excited to see his Daddy when he got home.

Jack decided he would drive the second half of the trip

Dave has a few more weeks of travel coming up, so we might just make another trip to Virginia again soon.

2 comments:

Marisa said...

I am so sad I was not there to partake in this reunion. Mrs. Roady, I miss you!

Kristen said...

Glad you had a good trip!