06 February 2011

Whirlwind Weekend

We just got home from a crazy busy, crazy fun weekend in Virginia! 

A couple months ago, my friend Marisa emailed me saying that she was planning on throwing her mom a surprise birthday party for her 60th 29th birthday.  Just a quick background on Marisa:  She and I have been friends since we were about 6 years old when we swam together on the same swim team.  We lost touch towards the end of high school and then got back in touch a couple years ago.  Marisa and my due dates were 2 days apart so we really bonded during our pregnancies.  Being an over-achiever, Marisa had her son Miles a month before I had Jack.  Marisa lives in LA, but we communicate often and keep up to date on our boys. (Do you feel all caught up now?)  She asked if we would be able to attend so that we could see each other...but more importantly so Miles and Jack could finally meet.  Dave and I agreed and started making the appropriate plans.

Yesterday morning we got up bright and early, loaded up the car and headed to Virginia.  Miss Daisy I rode in the backseat with Jack and both of us did great.  We ended up getting to the Newport News/ Hampton area a little earlier than expected so we went to Granny's house so she could get a quick hug from Jack.  Then it was off to the party.  Everything went off without a hitch and Mary (Marisa's mom) was truly surprised.  We had so much fun visiting with Marisa, Mark and Miles.  I think Jack outweighs Miles now, but Miles appears to be much taller.  Miles definitely takes the cake on having the most hair, while cue ball Jack just has a little peach fuzz.

Marisa and Jack
Elizabeth and Miles
Mark singing some Justin Bieber to Jack
Marisa & Miles, Elizabeth & Jack
After a few hours at Mary's house, we headed over to Rooms, Blooms & More to see our friends Karan and Allison.  It was close to closing time, so we rushed in and visited for a little while and then we were off again.

Allison and Jack
Allison and Jack admiring each other
Karan loving on Jack
This time, we headed out to dinner with Granny.  Jack was getting really fussy and in a rush to leave at the end of the meal, I left my purse at the restaurant (more on that later).

After dinner, we headed back to Mary's house to visit a little bit more before we called it a day.

Marisa & Miles, Mary & Jack--the boys were ready for bed
That night, Jack (and Dave and I) slept like a champ!  He was exhausted from playing all day long.  We all got a good nights sleep.  When Jack woke this morning, I fed him and he fell into a milk-induced coma.  As we were loading the car to go meet up with our friends Jenn and Travis, I realized that I didn't have my purse.  Dave asked when I last had it and I realized that I left it at the restaurant the night before.  Luckily, we were able to stop by the restaurant and they had my purse in the their safe.  Everything was there and accounted for!  We then headed out to have brunch.  Jenn is due to have a baby boy in just a few weeks and I was dying to see her.  Jack slept through the entire meal.  After brunch, we said our goodbyes and then got back in the car for the trip home.

Jack: ready to go on Day 2 in Virginia
It was so good to see everyone.  We wish we were able to spend more time with everyone, but we were only in town for about 24 hours.  As always, you are more than welcome to come to Raleigh and visit us anytime.

6 comments:

Aunt Kori said...

I love Liz story time. Miles and Jack are too cute. The pair is hard on the eyes...
Maybe Miles needs an Aunt Kori too?

I'm glad that your trip was so fun.. and everyone (Jack) was so well behaved! What a big boy.

Marisa said...

Elizabeth, Dave, and Jack,

Thank you so much for coming! Miles, Mark, and I had the best time seeing you and are honored you took on the task of a long drive to come and visit.
I am excited to plan our next get together! I am blessed to have such a great friend to talk candidly about the current events in the life of raising a little boy! I would be lost without you.
My mother was so excited to have you come and visit. Thank you for providing a decoy in our surprise. It was wonderful.
I miss you guys already.

Marisa

Marisa said...

ohhhh almost forgot...Miles would love an aunt Kori!

Anonymous said...

Elizabeth, I wrote a comment and it did not post. This is a test.

Anonymous said...

I passed the test. As I was saying..I think a story of two infant friends could be a literary work. Possibly a book series or movie.I love your blogging. Great pictures. Interesting hairdos in a couple. lol How was Jennifer? Thanks for being the cover for a great day! Please come again soon. My love to all...Mary

Mary Austin said...

Here goes....