26 May 2010

Spilling the Beans

So I figured out how I'm going to tell my mom our big news.  I wanted to make something crafty and cutesy so I decided on doing a remake on the Hershey bar by designing a new wrapper and then re-wrapping some chocolates to give to my mom and siblings.  I told Dave about my idea and he got right on creating my vision.  I wanted the bar to say "HEORSHE" instead of "HERSHEY'S".  I also wanted the font to be the same as the font on the original Hershey's bar.  It actually turned out really cute!

The next step was going to be to buy some Hershey's bars and re-wrap them.  Did you realize that Hershey's bars are no longer wrapped in foil and then a paper wrapping?  We were shocked to discover that they are now just wrapped in a plastic wrapper like most other candy bars.  I guess it's more sanitary, but it sure did foil our plan (haha, get it?!).  As it turns out, this change was made back in 2003-you can see how often we eat Hersheys' bars.  So we bought some plastic wrapped candy bars and headed home to start experimenting.  We unwrapped one bar to see if we could wrap it in foil before adding our new homemade wrapper.  It worked and looked just like I had envisioned.  So we completed a few more for my siblings and their families.

Next step...finding a time to tell my mom and my siblings.  Dave plans on calling his parents since English chocolates are far superior to our American chocolates and they live so far away (I would have a heart attack waiting for them to receive their package).

The finished product:

No comments: