06 May 2010

A Fun Game of "Have You Ever"

I went to my appointment this morning with the OB Coordinator.  It was basically a big game of "Have You Ever".  She would ask a question like, "Have you or anyone in your family ever delivered a baby premature outside in the Congo?" to which I would respond, "No".  This went on for a while until she finally realized that Dave and I both come from relatively healthy families and we have no serious illnesses in our histories.  She gave me some paperwork to sign, explained the various tests that we can opt in or out of and explained the billing information that will be mailed to the house in about a week.  When I was done talking to the OB Coordinator, I went across the hall and had 8 vials of blood drawn to test for everything from HIV to pregnancy.  Once I was done with the vampire I was free to go.

Our next appointment is May 26 for a regular OB visit.

No comments: