03 April 2012

Beach Get-Away



A girl from my gym invited me (and Jack and Dave) to go to the beach with her.  Dave decided to stay home and get a break from me and Jack work, but Jack and I happily took Theresa up on her offer.  She has an absolutely beautiful vacation home in Emerald Isle, NC and we were thrilled to be included in a little fun in the sun time!  Theresa's 15 year old daughter was there as well as their good friends from Georgia and their four daughters(ranging from 8 year old twins to 16 years old).  Needless to say, Jack was in heaven with all the girls and all the attention that he got while we were there.  This was Jack's first time walking on the beach and he was fascinated.  He was happy as could be until he fell over and then he didn't know how to get up without getting his hands dirty.  Once I would help him up, he was up and running again.  It will be many many years before I can relax on the beach like I once did!

Theresa's beautiful home

Jack and I woke up before everyone else in the house in the morning so we would go out for a nice walk so as not to wake everyone else.  It was perfectly peaceful on the beach in the morning.  Jack was eager to do some walking himself, so I slipped his shoes right on top of his footie pajamas and let him get to moving.

Our shadows

Cruisin' the beach in his Jammers

The water was too cold to go swimming, but that didn't stop us from dipping on toes in and then running away.  Theresa's house has a pool, but unfortunately the filter was broken so it was cloudy and unavailable for use while we were there.  Jack let everyone know how disappointed he was with this turn of events by yelling at the pool for 20 minute stretches.  Theresa threatened to call the pool boy and let Jack talk to him so that he would know just how serious we were about playing in the pool!



*I had to put Jack's paci in his mouth while I filmed this because most of the people in the house were still sleeping and it helped to quiet his ranting...a little*

Taking in the view

Making sure the waves aren't going to get him

Jack ended up with a pretty high fever the last night we were there so I made the executive call to pack up and head back that night.  There was no use having a crappy night with him up and down not feeling well when we could get in the car and he could sleep in his own bed.  He slept the whole way home and went right to bed when we got there.

I can't thank Theresa enough for letting us crash her vacation for a couple days.  We had a great time!

No comments: