13 April 2012

Baking Baby

After dinner tonight, I decided I was going to make some blueberry banana bread.  I also thought this would be an great opportunity for Jack to help out in the kitchen some since he is always so interested in what I'm doing and often tries to copy my actions.  While it did take quite a bit more time and effort to make the sweet treat, Jack truly enjoyed himself and I loved sharing that special time with my little boy.

mixing the dry ingredients (and covering my cleavage with a speech bubble)

mashing the banana

Mom!  I can do it by myself

smiling for the camera as we mix the wet ingredients

working hard to whisk with one hand and not stick the other in the batter

licking the oven hoping that it will be done soon!

 Unfortunately, Jack had to go to bed before the blueberry banana bread was done baking, but he did get to enjoy a slice for breakfast and he was very proud of his fine culinary skills!










No comments: