14 July 2010

Big News for the Mulleys!

Well, today we got some very interesting news.  The Snoball place has changed their hours!  They are no longer open Monday-Friday during the day.

Oh!  Wait!  We did get some other news today, too.  We went to the doctor for our second trimester ultrasound and we got to spend about 30 minutes admiring our baby!  The ultrasound technician measured and took pictures of all of Mini Mulley's various parts; the brain, the four chambers of the heart, the arms, the legs, the kidneys, the face, the fold of skin on the back of the neck, the spine...you name it-I'm pretty sure it was observed/measured.  We also got to find out the sex of Mini Mulley and we are very pleased to announce that we are having a baby boy!  It appears that 63% of our readers were wrong in their prediction.  Like most boys I have known in my life, Mini Mulley was not at all shy about showing us his parts.  He was very active and did a few cartwheels while we are trying to look at him which made the ultrasound technicians job a little bit harder.  After about 25 minutes of showing off, Mini Mulley rolled over and pulled his arms and legs in and took a nap.  The baby was measuring right on schedule and had a heart rate of 153.  While the technician was measuring the Mini Mulley's various parts, she took a picture of his profile and I kid you not...this kid has his daddy's chin (or lack of).  Needless to say, we are over the moon excited and everything feels a bit more real to us now!

Before the doctors appointment, I loaded up on fluids so that I would be able to leave my required urine sample.  I consumed about 40 fluid ounces of liquid and when I got the doctor's office I was told not to leave a sample until after the ultrasound.  Man oh man that made things a little more uncomfortable.  Once my ultrasound was done, I was allowed to use the restroom which was almost the most exciting activity of the day.  Then I went and got my vitals taken and because I was getting my Glucose Screen today, I had to drink a sugary drink and then wait an hour to get my blood drawn.  I chugged my drink in about 45 seconds (even though I had 3 minutes to drink it) and then the waiting began.

After my blood was drawn, Dave and I went to Frozen Berry and got some frozen yogurt to celebrate our good news.

My next doctors appointment is August 13.  Until then, we will start thinking about decorating the nursery!





8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Britican is so cute!!!!

Anonymous said...

Yes...I was part of that "wrong" prediction, but I'm absolutely thrilled at this awesome, awesome news. IT'S A BOY:) Congrats, you two. We need to plan dinner to celebrate very soon. Love you. Anne

Anonymous said...

So I guess it is definite that we can't name him Hermione. Congrats! Rupert it is then.

Mary Austin said...

Great news! Blue seems to be the color of choice. Can't wait to hear his name!!! Congrats on your new reality.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!!! I was wrong also, but either
one is a sure winner. Will enjoy following
the "antics" of Mom during this pregnancy.
See you at school. Love, double d

Anonymous said...

Hi Guys - what wonderful news, a grandson - thank you so very much - next news - his name??? Lots of luv... xxxxxx

Kori said...

Hey, maybe you should name your boy, Levi? or something very opposite? hehe. I can't wait for your BOY!

Delaine said...

Hey! Congrats on the Little boy news!! Little boys are THE BEST! They sure do love their Mom's... Enjoy every step of the way. Take care!!