05 September 2013

Preschool: Brought to You by the Letter "G"

Today's post about preschool is brought to you by the letter G.

When Jack woke up this morning, I told him he was going to go to school today.  I then asked him what he was going to do at school.  He said, "Play trains!"  Then on the way to school he mentioned trains again.  As he entered his classroom, I peeked around the door and watched him for just a minute.  He walked right past the train table and right over to a little girl who was crying in the corner of the room.  He put his hand on her shoulder and asked, "You okay?"  My heart swelled with pride for my sweet little man who has a gentle soul and a kind heart!

G is for gracious

On my way out of the school, another mom called my name so I turned around, but continued walking (I was trying to rush out the door to make it to the gym).  While not paying attention to where I was going, my breast was fondled by a former Carolina Hurricanes player, who shall remain nameless.  I whipped around and said "Oh my, I'm sorry.  Excuse me!"  He looked lost, confused and somewhat terrified.  I'm not sure if that is from touching my breast or the sheer chaos that is morning drop off at the preschool.  He was very apologetic as he also wasn't looking where he was going.  And off we went our separate ways.

G is for grope

At the end of the day, I went to get Jack.  I spoke with his teacher out in the hallway as she was hanging up papers to go home and the assistant was in the classroom reading the students a story before time to go home.  Jack's teacher stuck her head in the classroom and told me to come look.  Jack had retrieved a pillow and was laying down listening to his teacher read a story.  Every other child was sitting up listening...not my boy!  He was worn out from a busy day.

G is for groggy





No comments: