03 September 2013

First Day of School 2013

Today was Jack's first day of school and he was so excited this year.  Last year, he didn't have a clue what he was getting himself into, but this year, the first thing he said when he woke up was; "school today!"

Jack begrudgingly posed for his Annual First Day of School Pictures:

Five points if you can find the puppy...

Last year he was in a combo class so his teacher this year is one of the teachers he had last year.  When I asked him what he was going to do at school today, he quickly responded, "play trains!"

He was so excited and that makes me happy that he loves school and this is hopefully fostering a lifelong love of learning.


Heading into school

The school did a great 'photo opp" sign this year...Jack was
 just ready to get to his classroom!


Jack tried to break into a dead sprint several times while walking into the school.  It's funny to see what a difference a year makes.  It was difficult to pass by his old classroom-not because of all of the wonderful memories-but because there were a million parents and grandparents milling around while their children screamed bloody murder.  I'm so glad I never had to deal with that with Jack and I'm glad that he was unphased by what could have been a very traumatic scene.  He was a boy on a mission-a mission to get to his classroom!

Approaching the road block

Looking back as if to say, "what are all these crazy people
doing...and why are you still following me, Mom.  I got this!"


My little fishy getting ready to go into the fishbowl 
 
As soon as we got to his classroom, we took care of backpack business and then he was off.  Once he got into the room, there was never a backwards glance. 

Looking for just the right toy to start the year off right

Ahh, the train

...and we're off!
I hope Jack has another amazing year at school.  I hope that he learns valuable lessons-not just about ABCs and 123s, but how to be a friend, how to make good decisions, and how to stand up for who he is and what he believes.  I also hope he has a ton of fun!

No comments: