07 July 2012

Levi and Kori

Aunt Kori is back in the States (from Honduras heading to South Korea) and she wanted to make sure she saw us while she is here.  Uncle Levi is still in North Carolina before he heads up to Massachusetts for college this fall-he decided to tag along with Kori for a visit this morning.

Jack was so excited that some of his favorite people came to see him.  As soon as Kori and Levi walked in the door, Jack was running around showing them all of his really cool toys.  Jack has always loved his Aunt Kori, but today he had a very special place in his heart for Uncle Levi.  He would just go up to him and snuggle in.  I am always touched when someone loves my child...but there is something extra special about a teenaged boy appreciating how awesome my kid is.  The Browns hold a very special place in my heart and I love that they take the time to keep in touch and love my family as much as I love theirs.

As some of you probably know, I was the Brown's nanny for several years when the kids were younger (before Levi was even in school, Kori was in elementary and Teva was in middle).  Levi always introduced me to everyone as his girlfriend.  It was a pretty serious relationship...until I moved away and came back to visit.  Levi and I went on a walk and I vividly remember him "letting me down easy".  Levi just graduated high school and it was kind of surreal taking Jack to Levi's graduation.  Jack is only a little bit younger than Levi was when I first met him.  To see how sweet and gentle Levi is with Jack truly melts my heart.  Kori and I have always been close and I am certain that she loves Jack as much as I do.

If my boys can grow up to be as awesome as the Brown children, then Dave and I have done something right!

Jack knew how to smile for the camera

Levi, Jack and Kori

Levi trying to get Jack to make a face

Family portrait

Levi was starving so he shared a snack with Jack

good sharing

Teaching Jack how to open the package

Jack settled in

Jack figuring out Levi's phone...while holding him hostage

Levi attempting to sweet talk his way out

Jack and Levi

Kori getting some good snuggles

Jack attacking Levi with love

Levi using Jack in his workout

Kori, Jack and Levi

2 comments:

Aunt Kori said...

I'm obsessed with everything about this post. When are you booking your flight to Seoul again? We didn't get a chance to discuss the logistics....

Grandma said...

Love, love, love this post. I appreciate your memories as I can also remember when...., Grandma