10 July 2012

Baby # 2--23 Weeks

I had my monthly OB appointment to check on Baby #2 today.  They also scheduled me for another ultrasound because this is about the time that I started having issues during my pregnancy with Jack and they also wanted to make sure I would be okay to travel to England in a couple weeks. 

A little background information:  When I was pregnant with Jack, I started to experience a lot of pressure and pain around 24 weeks and it turns out that my cervix had shortened to about 2.5 centimeters (not a good thing that early in pregnancy).  I was put on bedrest so as not to aggravate the situation.  I stayed on a modified bedrest for the remainder of my pregnancy and had Jack 21 minutes after my due date.

Now back to our previously scheduled program: So, I go in for this ultrasound and the ultrasound tech measures my cervix.  The cervix should be around 4 to 4.5 centimeters at this point.  She measured mine at 7 centimeters.  She and the doctor were amazed at how long it was and said that we would definitely fine to travel to England.  Baby Boy looks healthy and is measuring right on schedule.  I also got a copy of my chart to take with me on the trip in case something comes up and I need to see a doctor while I'm there.  I like to follow the philosophy that if you take your umbrella, it won't rain!

We are so happy that everything looks great and that we have the green light to travel!  Ready or not England...here we come!

Dave says he looks just like Jack!

My next appointment is scheduled for when we return from England.

1 comment:

Aunt Kori said...

I would love nothing more than two Jacks in my (our) life!!