15 May 2012

Tumbling Tiny

I signed Jack up for a tumbling class and he has really been enjoying it.  Equally impressive, I have seen marked improvement from week to week.  He seems to really enjoy being active and being around other kids his own age. 


Jumping Jack...on the trampoline

Following one of the cute girls through the tunnel

emerging from the tunnel

climbing up the mat tower

his instructor helping him with a somersault

The first week, Jack was very wary of the tunnel.  He would go through it if I started to go through with him.  The next week, he was able go through all on his own (if I told him to do it) and then the following week, he initiated going through the tunnel and went through by himself.  He's not a fan of any down time, but I completely understand that.  I always recognized downtime as the devil when I was a teacher.  We are trying to work on his patience.  When kids take too long on the slide, he looks at them and says "GO!".

Jack enjoys singing songs and most of all when the parachute comes out for a couple songs.  I also remember loving the parachute in gym class when I was younger.  I'm pretty sure if someone were to pull out a parachute today and ask if I wanted to play with it, I would jump at the chance!

No comments: