17 May 2012

Check-up on Baby #2

There hasn't been much talk about Mini Mulley #2 and that is mostly because there hasn't been much to talk about.  We had our monthly check-up a couple of days ago which consisted of a check of my blood-pressure, weight, iron, urine and baby's heartbeat.  According to the doctor, everything looked great and the baby had a healthy heartbeat of 157 bpm.  I also had blood drawn for my Quad Screening which tests for chromosomal abnormalities in the baby.  We have already received the results and everything is looking normal.

I haven't really had any cravings with this pregnancy (much like my pregnancy with Jack), but this past week, I have become quite obsessed with banana peppers.  Jack has even taken an interest in them.

Next month, we go in for our big ultrasound where we will spend some time looking at baby while the ultrasound technician measures all of the baby's parts and if we are lucky, we will get to find out if Jack is having a little brother or a little sister.

Dave and I both think we are in store for another boy.  At the beginning of my pregnancy, I thought I was having a girl, but I now feel like it's a boy.  Either way, I am going to be thrilled.  If I can have another baby just like Jack, I will be one lucky girl!

We've added a poll to the right hand side of the blog so you can make your prediction. We'll make the big announcement after our ultrasound on June 12.

No comments: