04 April 2010

One-year Warranty

This weekend Dave and I celebrated our first anniversary.  We headed down to Charleston on Friday and spent the whole weekend eating, pampering ourselves and enjoying the city.  The Charleston Place gave us two nights in the hotel, two spa treatments and made our wedding cake again for us in celebration of our anniversary.  When we checked into our room we looked out on the balcony and noticed that it overlooked our ceremony site.


We then we out for a walk.  We cruised through the covered market and looked at all of the things they had (and all of things I wanted) and made a plan to come back when we have a bigger house and need some decorations for it.  There were lots of people in Charleston for the holiday weekend (Easter--not our anniversary) and so we were glad we made a reservation for dinner. Friday night we ate at Blossom and it was delicious.  I had the yellow-fin tuna and Dave had a chicken dish.  I also enjoyed some creme brulee (one of my favorites).  After dinner we wandered back to the hotel.  We had a pretty early night-we were tired from the early wake up call for Boot Camp and then the long drive down.  Saturday morning we got up bright and early for a trip to The Spa at Charleston Place.  Dave and I both got facials and enjoyed the pampering.  We later found out that The Spa at Charleston Place is rated one of the best in North America--not too bad for a first facial!  We walked all over downtown Charleston on Saturday.  We went down to the Battery and walked along the river.  We walked over to the Aquarium and in and out of all the shops.  It was an absolutely beautiful day!  For dinner, we went to Poogan's Porch and it was fabulous.  I had the Plantation Fried Chicken (which was stuffed with smoked Gouda, ham and collard greens).  It will go down in history as one of the best things I have ever eaten.  Dave got the duck which he also really enjoyed.  After dinner we went back to the hotel room to see if our cake had been delivered.  It had and it was wonderful.  It was just as delicious as I remember.  I am now making it my life's mission to recreate the recipe.


Before we left Charleston, I had to take what is becoming my traditional wedding/anniversary picture.  I took the same one on my wedding day and I plan to take it again on our 50th anniversary.

No comments: