01 April 2010

No Foolin'

At the beginning of the year, I decided that my New Year's Resolution was to "gain or lose 20 pounds".  The hopes would be that I would lose twenty pounds to be healthier but I would also have loved to gain twenty pounds by being pregnant.  I spoke to my doctor and he agreed that I had set myself a good goal for the year.

On January 4, I woke up at 4:45 am and went to my very first day of Boot Camp. I go 4 days a week and sweat for an hour a day.  I am in the middle of my 3rd month-long session of boot camp and am really enjoying it.  In the past three months, I have lost 12 pounds, 4.5 % body fat, and 13 inches.  I am well on my way to my goal.  I can also do over 30 push-ups in a minute and over 70 sit-ups in a minute.  On top of all of those accomplishments, I also completed a triathlon on March 13--and didn't embarrass myself too much!

My doctor is proud of my commitment to my health as well as my new found muscle definition.  I am proud of myself for all that I have accomplished in the first quarter of the year.

This morning I woke up expecting a visit from my Aunt Flo but to my surprise she had not come to see me.  I made the executive decision to take a pregnancy test and see if, by chance, that was the reason Flo hadn't come.  Immediately after taking the test, the result appeared in the little window.



I ran downstairs to tell Dave the news and he immediately thought that I was pulling an April Fool's joke on him but I showed him the test results that stated I am, in fact, pregnant.

This may be the first time in the history of my life that I have set a New Year's Resolution and stuck with it past February 1.

According to my cycle and several internet searches, I am due December 6, 2010.  Dave and I are cautiously thrilled!  We are going to wait until we are through the first trimester before we share the news with anyone so you will not be reading this blog post for a couple months still--please do not be offended.

We plan on updating the blog often and hope that you will check back on all of the Mulley's Musings.

No comments: