14 August 2012

Baby # 2--28 weeks



I had my doctors appointment and glucose test when we got back from our trip.  I was feeling HUGE and was worried that the doctor was going to yell at me and I was really worried that I would fail my glucose test.  I got there a little early and was ushered back to the lab to drink my cocktail (at least that's what I told myself it was) and was then told to be back for my blood draw in one hour.  I'm not sure why everyone makes such a big deal about the drink.  It doesn't taste that bad and you don't have to drink that much.  I kind of reminds me of those drinks Little Huggies that I only got to get when I was going on a field trip for school.  In the meantime, I saw the doctor and she said I was measuring right on track and my blood pressure and everything else looked great!  Shwew, that was a relief!  When my hour was up, I headed back to the lab for my blood draw and they were able to get my results immediately.  I tested within the normal range for my blood sugar and my iron looked great! 

I'm down to doctors appointments every two weeks until the final month of pregnancy, so my next appointment is August 28.

No comments: