07 January 2012

New Years Resolution

It took me quite a while to put into words what my New Years Resolution was going to be this year.  I don't like to make the resolutions that everyone tends to make (and break) each year.  This year, my resolution is to Choose Joy every day.  I'm going to try not to be so hard on myself and just be happy.  I will not surround myself with people who seemingly don't care about me.  In the past, I have give people too many "do overs" and it's not fair to me.  My friend, Rob, decided that his mantra this year was "only good things in-if it's not good for my body, soul or state of mind I don't want it."  I think that is genius!  If people care about you, they will find a way to get in touch with you.

This past year, I tried to show my friends how it felt to be ignored (after I had been ignored by them) and most of them didn't get it.  They just thought I was being rude.  They didn't take it as a reflection on themselves.  I shouldn't have to teach you how to be a friend.  I am choosing joy this year.  I have decided that if the friendship means something to me that I must tell them when I have been hurt.  If they truly care about me they will take what I say to heart and we can move on.

When I wake up in the morning, I can choose to be in a good mood or I can choose to be in a bad mood.  My goal is to choose the first one everyday!

No comments: