17 April 2011

I Don't Think We're In Kansas Anymore!

weathering the storm


The Mulleys made it through the terrible storms and tornadoes in Raleigh yesterday.  We are thankful that we are safe and all of our belongings are in tact.  We are thinking about all of our friends who were not as lucky.  You know it's a bad storm when our family and friends in England heard about it and called to check on us!

As the storm approached we all piled into our downstairs powder room to wait it out.  It is the only place in our house that is downstairs and without windows.  I took the necessary precautions and gathered some essentials to take with us (peanut butter crackers, camera, iPad, cell phone, a James Patterson book, a couple pillows and a giant cup of water).  Dave laughed at me but I would be the last one laughing if we ended up needing any of my supplies.  Once the storm passed (less than 10 minutes) we were able to come out and assess the damage.  We did not need to partake in any of my survival supplies that I packed, but I'm thankful we had them.

1 comment:

Kristen said...

You all win the "Parents of the Year" award. So prepared! We, however, had no clue that there was a tornado warning and were in the parking lot at Trader Joe's (on WF Rd). SCARY!!! And, definitely NOT "Parents of the Year!"