02 January 2014

What's in a Name?

We were so overwhelmed with all of the love when we announced we were adding a baby girl to our crazy little family and we wanted to thank everyone that showed their love and support.  While Dave was not shocked at all to hear that the baby was a girl, I am still in shock.  After the ultrasound tech told us "girl", I had the doctor confirm when he came in.  I'm actually still thinking of boy names because I just can't believe I'm having a girl.  All of this to say that I'm not disappointed, just shocked!

We've had our girl name for as long as I can remember...long before we ever had Jack.  It's not really a secret as we've told so many people over the years.  We've usually kept our baby names quiet until the little one is out in the real world, but this time we have a little motor mouth in our midst.  It has been decided that we will share our baby girls name well before her estimated due date.




For those of you who can't understand what Jack said, here is a transcript:

Mommy: "Hey, what's your name?"
Jack: "Jack"
Mommy: "What's your brother's name?"
Jack: "Sam"
Mommy: "What's your baby sister's name?"
Jack: "Baby Kate"
Mommy: "I love you!"
Jack: "Love you!"

Baby Mulley #3 will be Kate Nicole Mulley

Kate is a name that both Dave and I love, both say the same, and we are pretty sure everyone can spell it (just like Jack and Sam).  Nicole is for my cousin whose life was tragically taken from her last February at the age of 33.  I contacted my aunt and uncle to ask for their blessing to use Nicole's name as our baby girl's middle name and they said that they were honored and that it would mean the world to them.

Nicole and I (along with a few other cousins) practically grew up together at our grandparents' beach house.  As we got older, we didn't see each other as much as our interests were different, but she will always hold a very special place in my heart. I have always understood that losing a child is devastating, but now that I am a parent-that fact really hits so much closer to home. Nicole is included in some of my fondest memories and Dave and I wanted to do something that would contribute to her legacy.

So there you have it!  Baby Kate has an official name and we are happy to share with all of you!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

We already love her

Anonymous said...

Beautiful names!

Teva said...

Liz! Thanks so much for the updates! I can't wait for you to have Kate.

Xoxo,
Teva

Unknown said...

Love it!

Elizabeth said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nyra Cuper said...

silver singlesuses an algorithm that matches you with people based on your personality, location, age, and desired relationship outcomes.

tramadol without prescriptionBuy tramadol online at +18056098797 directed by doctors, this medicine is used for moderate to severe pain.